Training Program3-Day Hands on Start-up Training for Printable and Flexible Electronics Fall 2016 Montreal
Get hands-on learning in the fundamentals of printable, flexible electronics
Are you new to printable and flexible electronics? Do you want to learn about the fundamentals? Do you want to start new product development? Do you need to provide manufacturing services?
As part of its Technical Program, the CPEIA is offering a three-day Training Course in partnership with the Printability and Graphic Communications Institute (ICI) and the National Research Council of Canada (NRC).
The CPEIA Technical Program provides our Members with exclusive access to the resources and expertise critical to developing and bringing to market new products and applications enabled with printable, flexible or wearable electronics (PE).
Through this Training Course, participants will receive high-value, hands-on learning about the design, processes and materials for new product development. This training is a must-have starting point for those who want to get started with PE and learn the fundamentals.
The Training Program is open to anyone. CPEIA Members, as well as Members of Impression 2020, will receive a 10 per cent discount.
Consider our Training Program if you fit the following criteria:
- Want to learn how to design value-added features and new applications using PE
- Need to know what is available/feasible in sub-components, substrates, inks, manufacturing processes and resources to create new products, features and applications
- Work in a related field and need to fast track to have the knowledge to develop in PE
- Don’t currently use PE in your products or manufacturing processes, but would like to do so
See if you fit our target audience:
- Individuals with product companies, contract manufacturers, R&D organizations or technology development companies interested in new applications on a systems level (applications engineering) versus developing sub-components (R&D)
- Engineers and scientists in various vertical industry segments such as packaging, building automation, consumer products, automotive, and aerospace and defence
- Designers and new product developers involved in creating new value-added features or new products
- Introduction to printable electronics
- Existing capabilities and methods: options, advantages, disadvantages, limitations
- Typical system components, existing sub-components (e.g. batteries, sensors, displays, logic circuits, antennas, software) and applications
- Engineering design considerations
- Manufacturing considerations and conclusions
1. Ink formulation and proofing
You will formulate a printable conductive carbon ink for flexography from carbon slurry:
- Complement formulation
- Dilution for viscosity adjustment and characterization
- Proofing to estimate the resistance of the ink as a function of the formulation parameters
Formulating inks will provide participants with practical and theoretical knowledge on the characteristics of ink components and how this influences final printability.
2. Design consideration and prepress
You will produce the files required to create image plates for flexography, screen-printing and gravure. Participants will learn the file requirements and specifics that apply, depending on the printing process and desired application.
3. Multilayer printing
You will participate in the printing of an electroluminescent sample on different substrates (e.g. paper, cardboard, films). This will be done using a flatbed screen printer, to compare what affect the choice of substrate has on a specific application, and to experiment with the challenge of manufacturing a structure with multiple functional layers.
4. Hybrid press
You will print inks for gravure and screen printing on film and paper, using one or many printing technologies.
- Courses are three days long. Currently booking for Fall 2016.
- Courses take place at ICI: 999 Emile-journault Avenue East, Montreal, Quebec H2M 2E2
- Cost is CDN$2,995 per person, plus taxes. CPEIA Members, as well as Members of Impression 2020, will receive a 10 per cent discount.
- Courses are available in both French and English.
- Standard enrolment is two teams of five participants for each course.
- Custom corporate training and corporate training packages are available on other dates.
- For more information, or to register, please contact ICI at email@example.com or call 1-514-389-5061